Saturday, August 28, 2010

Voyeur

One of the metaphors Jean-Paul Sartre used to explained the self-consciousness of existentialism is that of a voyeur peering through a keyhole to view another person. The peering person’s consciousness is focused on the subject until he is aware that someone is looking at him and the shift of consciousness of what he is doing moves to himself.

I am too am a voyeur on life. Jotting down notes, making sketches, reflecting and trying to make sense of life and embrace it in all its manifestations. Even though I know I write a public blog, I am made aware of my writing when a friend has commented on reading my blog, that I am listed on another blog or that my blog has a follower. I am made pointedly aware that I am not alone in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment