Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bottling Chardonnay

Susan has invited me to her friends, Richard & Helga, to make wine before. But I always associate making wine with picking grapes and hard farm labor. So I always defer.

She invited me to bottle Chardonnay with her friends this Sunday and because Paloma thought it was a nice "summer" thing to do, I decided to go. Who knew working could be so much fun? One is lubricated with drinking wine as one does various jobs: cleaning bottles, filling bottles, capping them off, corking them, wiping them off and packing them in boxes. The experience is enjoyable and mirthy. Richard & Helga plan a potluck lunch for the "workers" to socialize, relax and sustain the effort. I brought home my first fresh bottle of wine. What a wonderful way to end the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment