Friday, August 14, 2009

promises to myself post-sabbatical

While our official reporting day to school is Wednesday, August 19, I will be returning on Monday to set up my office and go through my materials. While my sabbatical has been a wonderful blessing, the biggest challenge for me is to keep the hours I put into my job to a reasonable amount. Even when I do get home, I am often emotionally and physically spent to be of little use for the rest of evening.

The other day I wrote a small, idealistic list of promises to incorporate what I learned from my sabbatical into my daily working life. We'll see how I do:
  • Pray
  • Excercise
  • Take time to be creative
  • Take time to do nothing
  • Connect meaningfully with someone
  • Keep balanced work hours: 7:30-5:00.
  • Stretch myself

No comments:

Post a Comment