Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back in Peru


















May 23, 2009
  • Walk
  • Huaca Pucllana
  • Lunch: Al fresca
  • Shopping
  • Café
  • 8:00 pm arrive LIM

 




































Back in Peru

One of the adventures of traveling is to land in a city without a place to stay and locate one. It is all fine and well when it is daylight, but when it is night it can be a challenge.

 

I decided to lodge in the upscale Miraflores neighborhood of Lima and selected a place in Lonely Planet. However at 11:30 pm, the place had no space, neither did the other nearby locales. We drove around for 20 minutes before we found one. I was fortunate that the taxi driver was determined that I have a place for the night. So while arriving in a city late at night without a place to stay is not the wisest thing, I was blessed helpfulness of a stranger.

 

*****

This year of traveling about to end. While it is sad, I am looking forward to being home. The entire year off has been a blessing--the people, the places, the cultures, the history, the food, the knowledge, and the interior growth. I just hope I can maintain the peace and equilibrium that I have learned this year into my work. Work? How am I ever going to go back to work?

 

May 24, 2009

  • 1:15 am depart LIM
  • 7:30 am arrive MIA
  • 11:10 am arrive DFW
  • 2:30 pm arrive SFO

No comments:

Post a Comment