Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christ the King


You say I am a king.
For this I was born and for his I came into the world:
To testify to the truth.
Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.
--John 18:37

We encounter truths in our lives. Some “truths” are given to us. But some truths are born out of experience and life—no less real than the laws of physics. Below I provide some truths that I’ve come to in my life or truths I try to live out:
  • The purpose of life is to love and be loved.
  • I can only change myself. As I recognize the circumstances necessary for my change, I can have compassion and only invite others to their own change.
  • Change can be both scary and life-affirming.
  • I must accept people as they are and as they can be.
  • Failure to address a problem is sometimes not a lack of knowledge and will but of imagination.
  • When I am angry, I must find the cause within rather than the cause without.
  • Man (and woman) are not meant to be alone. Gen 2:18
  • To have strength for my job, I must remember to nourish myself, identify and do the things that I enjoy about my job, and remind myself of my core values as to why chose this job.
  • To do nothing is a value.
  • Be creative. Recreate.
  • The best cure for loneliness is solitude.
  • I have to have a God otherwise I will create one.
© Hector Lee, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment