Tuesday, November 30, 2010

new ventures

On Monday, a Kindergarten student approached me, “When are you going to make another book?” I had read one of my books to them in his classroom a few weeks ago.

The sincere tone of his question moved me.

“I don’t know. I have to find time to write and create a book.” I responded, even as the truth of the matter was that life and a slowing metabolism crowded out creative time to work on any project or art.

His words haunt me even as I embark on a new venture at UC Berkeley to expand my educational knowledge, improve my leadership skills and plunge myself into fourteen months of intense and rewarding work with the aim of having a wider repertoire to serve.

I just hope I can guard my time and find opportunities to continue art, books and illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment